In light of the regulatory obligations deriving from the Legislative Decree 231/2007 and subsequent amendments and by specific sector provisions (Bank of Italy, IVASS) the intermediary must establish a multilevel system of controls, formulated according to the combined provisions of the principles of risk based approach and proportionality.
Our solutions are tools to support the system and the updating of the control system are in line with the principle of the risk based approach and define the depth and extent of the checks to the risks and organization of the operational monitoring and support team.
In implementing these solutions, we support the Anti-Money Laundering Function in the design and implementation of the risk model and workflows for processing evidence (alerts), in line with the policies and operating procedures defined by the organization.
The solutions we implement provide:
- Automation for the calculation, attribution and management of a customer’s risk profile, specific to the sector and the activity of the obliged party.
- List Screening (FACTIVA, DowJones, PEP, Embraghi, internal litse, etc.) for all customers and “non-customer” counterparties.
- Analysis of operations with respect to anomaly indicators and model behaviour envisaged by best practices that can be integrated according to the needs of the obliged party.
- Optimization of existing rules through the application of Artificial Intelligence algorithms for the constant calibration of rules and reduction of false positives.
- Workflow personalisation according to the organization of the Anti-Money Laundering Department that ensure the segregation and traceability of the checks carried out
- Prioritization of criteria / weights for processing evidence and anomalies.
- Reporting to monitor the risks detected, the alerts generated (eg KPIs, red flag volumes) and for the preparation of information flows for the Supervisory Bodies.